Current Focus

Morning Pages

Jul 22, 2009

How to Determine a Creative Path

Living out my professional life for 10 years has brought me to the distinct conslusion about what I enjoy most. Creating with words is where it's at for me. I know I'm not the best at it, and have a ton to learn, but I really feel at my peak-- and most invigorated through the act of writing (and from the finished product).

Yet that leaves me with an important question. Just what is it that I am to write about? I feel like an expert on very few things, and some of which I really don't want to spend time writing about! Yet that begs yet another question (I'm good at the question-thing, can you tell?)...does one have to be an expert to begin to write about something? Perhaps not.

I simply don't have the answer. The title of this post begs an answer. I know I like to write about life and do journaling. I know I do not like to do magazine-style writing, I don't even begin to know what it would be like if there was a novel for me to write -- so what is it to be? Perhaps posing the question to the universe is all that I need to focus on for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment